WindMill will organize 7 training schools. The first training school is on September 2019. The focus of the training is on the professional development of the early-stage researchers.
The technical training comprises three components:
- Machine learning.
- Wireless communication networks, with focus on 5G and post 5G.
- Application of machine learning to wireless network design.
The training relies on traditional lectures but also takes inspiration by the Scandinavian project-oriented education model Problem Based Learning (PBL), promoting team-work.
Training is provided on the following topics:
- Project Management
- Intellectual Property (IP) and Patents
- Innovation management and entrepreneurship
- Oral presentation and scientific writing
- Collaborative team work, interpersonal communication skills
- Mindfulness techniques as means to manage stress and emotional difficulties
Each ESR will have the support of a career counselor.