Machine Learning for
Research, Training and Knowledge Sharing
WindMill is a European Training Network (ETN) project, within the framework of the H2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Networks (ITNs).
Simply saying that the WindMill Project combines machine learning with wireless communication would be a grave oversimplification. If you click on the button below, you will find a detailed explanation of what WindMill is, what its goals are and why the project exists.
Apart from doing research, the Project’s main objective is to help create a new generation of experts. We organise training schools where experts from the fields of machine learning and wireless communications share their knowledge with out Early Stage Researchers.
An important part of a PhD student’s life is to publish one’s findings and share it with the community of researchers. The WindMill Project offers a library of all papers and other documents published by our participants. You can access them through the button below.
The WindMill Project would be nothing without its Early Stage Researchers. Fourteen of them are currently employed across the partner institutions, receiving practical experience and contributing to the scientific community. Meet them by clicking the button below!
Knowledge Sharing Platform
Where would science be if it weren’t for sharing information? The WindMill Project understands that sharing is caring, so we established the Knowledge Sharing Platform so that our Early Stage Researchers can share their findings and experiences with the world.
News from the network
- WindMill deliverables are now uploadedDecember 1, 2020A new page dedicated to the project’s deliverables has been added to our website. You can access and download 6 documents which were written by the project’s ESRs and produced by our partner institutions. Find them here or visit our […]
- Two new papers by ESR Anay DeshpandeNovember 19, 2020Although Christmas is still far, we have a small present for you – there are two new papers published by Anay Deshpande, one of two of our ESRs based at the University of Padova in Italy. The titles are SMURF: Reliable Multipath Routing in […]
- Training School in StockholmOctober 3, 2020The latest WindMill Training School organised by Ericsson Sweden took place from 28th September until Friday 2nd October 2020. Because of the corona virus restrictions, the organizers had to move it online – but that did not stop our ESRs from […]
- ESR Dariush Salami publishes a paperAugust 25, 2020Hard work pays off – nobody knows that better than our ESRs. So we’re proudly announcing that one of them, Dariush Salami who is currently based at Aalto University in Finland, has published his first paper on Motion Pattern Recognition […]
- Paris lectures and two interviews on YouTube nowMay 4, 2020If you’ve ever wondered what it is that our ESRs got to learn at the Training School in Paris this March, now is your chance! We just released videos of all lectures from Paris on YouTube. And what’s more, we also added two more ESR […]
- Training School in ParisMarch 4, 2020The time has come for the WindMill Project to organise another training school. Instead of freezing in the north of Denmark, our ESRs headed to the great city of Paris, France. The plan was to gather more knowledge on their research topics, but also […]
- ESRs interviews availableFebruary 24, 2020After a long break, we’re bringing you the promised interviews with our ESRs. We asked them everything you might want to know about them – their backgrounds, their respective projects and also the reasons why they joined the WindMill […]
- WindMill kicked off in Aalborg!November 22, 2019The WindMill Project is officially in progress! All of our ESRs and supervisors met for the first time in Aalborg, Denmark, for a few hectic days of lectures, workshops and presentations. And, to preserve the ESRs and their plans, hopes and […]
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement No 813999.